|Name||Smt. Suchismita Majumdar.|
|Qualification||M.Sc,MLIS,University of Calcutta.|
|Date of Joining||17.4.2010|
- Currently pursuing interdisciplinary (Material Science and Library and Information Science) PhD under University of Calcutta.
- UGC-Minor Research Project under XIth Plan.
- Project completed by Smt.Suchismita Majumdar,Librarian.
|Name of the project.||Duration
|Title of the Project.||Name of the funding Agency||Total grant Sanctioned.||Total grant Received.||Total Grant Received Till Date.|
|Minor Research Project in Humanities and social Science.||18 months.
9.11.11(Date of implementation) to 9.4.13.
|“The state of the art report on the trend of implementation of paper standards towards paper preservation:Its utility in academic libraries”||UGC||Rs.134000/-||Rs.
Non Recurring Grant Rs.70000/-
RESEARCH ARTICLES/ Technical Papers published:
- Ms.No.TAPPI-D-16-00008R1 “Paper Coated with sonochemically Synthesized ZnO Nanoparticles:Enhancement of Properties for preservation of Documents.Tappi Journal.2016.
- Chapter of the Book,“Gronthagar-O-Gronthagarik”.Unit-V “ gronthagare computer porisheba”,2013.World press,Kolkata.
- “Properties of pulp and paper:The significant determinants of longevity of paper based resources of college libraries”,Paper at the 25th Annual Conference and Seminar,2012.West Bengal College Librarians Association.
- “Trends of Implementation of Paper Standards Towards Paper Preservation:A Librarians Point of View.”
SRELS Journal Of Information Mannagement,Vol.49.No.5,Oct-2012.Paper AV.p463-476.Sarada Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science,Bangalore,Co-authored by Swapna Banerjee,Associate Professor,Department of Library and Information Science,University of Calcutta.
- “Recycled or Recyclable Paper:A concern for LIS professionals in preservation of paper based resources”
Technical Paper presentation,National Seminar on Challenges in Library Management System(CLMS 2012),February 24-25,2012.Organised by Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur ,Kolkata.ISBN: 978-81-923191-0-0
- “Thinking beyond chalk and talk method of teaching and learning for LIS education”.
Calcutta University Journal of Library and Information Science special publication LIS-Edu-Vision-2010/DLIS/CU/KOLKATA.pp276—280.
- “Extension,Excellence and Inclusion-The Three Challenges of education System.
Published online in the website of National Knowledge Commission,2009.
- “Public Libraries and Science Awareness”,SRELS Journal Of Information Mannagement,Vol.45.No.3,Dec2008.Paper AL.P331-338.Sarada Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science,Bangalore,Co-authored by Swapna Banerjee,Senior Lecturer,Department of Library and Information Science,University of Calcutta.
- “Artificial Intelligence in Library and Information Science”,Calcutta University Journal of Library and Information Science.Vol VII and VIII,2006.
Technical Papers Presented:
- “Adopting Informal Method for Curricular Enrichment: A Best Practice”Paper Presented at the NAAC Sponsored Seminar on QualityEnhancement and Sustenance of Teaching and Learning,Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College,Kolkata.8th February,2016.
- “Paper Quality Standards: Implications for Reprographic Process”,National Conference on Reprographic Rights and Copyright Act: Challenges and Management,Kolkata.7-8th March.
“Properties of pulp and paper:The significant determinants of longevity of paper based resources of college libraries”,Paper at the 25th Annual Conference and Seminar,2012.West Bengal College Librarians Association.
TRAININGS AND WORKSHOPS
- UGC-HRDC 57th Orientation Programme,2015, Jadavpur University.
- 2nd National Workshop on use of open source integrated library management software KOHA 3”
5th -9th October,2015,Organised by ISI,Library ,documentation and information science division,Kolkata.
- National seminar –cum-workshop on “How to prepare a library for ISO accreditation”
29Th -30th March 2012,Organised by ISI,Library,Kolkata.
- UGC Sponsored Short term course on first aid conducted by St.John’s ambulance and awareness programme on positive discrimination.
12th May 2011. Organized by equal opportunity centre, Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya.
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “e-resource management in academic libraries” and INFLIBNET-NLIST awareness programme.
26th -27th November 2010,in collaboration with All Bengal Principals council at Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College,Kolkata.
- UGC SPONSORED National Workshop for colleges on INFLIBNET and use of digital libraries and e-resources,
19th November,2010,Organized by Ramkrishna Mission Residential College(Autonomous) in collaboration with Sonarpur Mahavidyalaya.
- Workshop on Syllabus for five year Integrated Course in LIS.Organised by University Of Calcutta,24th May,2010.