“Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man. Like fire in a piece of flint, knowledge exists in the mind. Suggestion is the friction which brings it out.”
-Swami Vivekananda.Keeping this purpose in mind, the Department of Education of Sir Gurudas College strives to make sure that student after graduating are able to lead their lives as respectable members of the society
The Department of Education was Started in the year 2004. The first Lecturer of this Dept. was Prof. Anita Chowdhury and after 6 years Dr. Ratna Lodh the present HOD of the joined in the College and took the charge of the Dept. In due course of time the Dept. underwent many changes but gradually it developed and now it is one of the main stream Dept. of the college with a huge strength and 4 Faculty members.
- The department has its own separate classroom .
- Students are given notes/synopsis at end of each class.
- Sometime faculties use ICT ( Projector ) for their class lectures in the Seminar /Projector room of the college.
Library Facility :
- With the facility of central Library of the college.
- Department /Seminar Library also offers its students some reference books from the departmental book-club.
- Preparing students to opt various reputed universities for higher education.
- Helping students to move into the field of other humanitarian service.
- Exten Lecture at different times.
- Giving guidance to students for choosing different professions.
- Providing proper counselling to the one in need.
- UG- Semester Wise Three years B.A Honours Course (Under CBCS, University of Calcutta)
- Three Years B.A. Honours Course(1+1+1) ,University of Calcutta
Head of Dept :
Dr. Ratna Lodh