The Department of English of Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya has an intake capacity of 82 students with a teaching staff of two Asst. Professors; one Govt. approved lecturer and three guest lecturers. The department puts special emphasis on active academic engagement on the part of teachers as well as students. It conducts seminars, special lectures, film-screenings and discussions on a regular basis. The faculty of the department are engaged in various research activities. Students’ feedback are sought regularly and their progress is monitored both on the departmental as well as institutional level.
Library Facility :
- With the facility of central Library of the college.
- Department /Seminar Library also offers its students some reference books from the departmental book-club.
- UG- Semester Wise Three years B.A Honours Course (Under CBCS, University of Calcutta)
- Three Years B.A. Honours Course(1+1+1) ,University of Calcutta
Head of Dept :
Name : DR. PARAMITA HALDER
Designation: Associate Professor , MA, Ph. D
- The department has its own separate classroom .
- Sometime faculties use ICT ( Projector ) for their class lectures in the Seminar /Projector room of the college.
- UGC sponsored National Level Seminar.
- Special Lectures by resource persons
- Audio-visual classes.
- Remedial Classes.
- To built up a departmental library.
- To prepare a archive of digital class notes for the students.
- To procure of good number of little magazine.
- Class room space specially for the GENL course has to be increased.
- To initiate a departmental journal.
- To improve the collection of the departmental library and to provide the students with more e-assistance.
- To bring in more audio-visual learning material. If possible to create a separate collection of such material within the departmental library.
Presently student can access Google Classroom Study Material with various doc, pdf, ppt & youtube/video link.
Further update reflect here.